BA (hons), MA, Cert. Pub., Cert. IT (Open)
I have over 20 years' editorial experience in digital and traditional academic/professional and educational publishing. In the past I've been a production manager, publishing technologies trainer, freelance copyeditor/proofreader, and digital publishing consultant.
I'm refocusing my part of the business on providing core editorial and production freelance/contract services like copyediting, proofreading, project management, legal research, complex XML editing and project management.
I am an Advanced Professional member of the Society for Proofreaders and Editors. I also teach and run workshops and training sessions for publishers on both traditional editorial and digital publishing processes.
I can help you with:
- development editing
- crafting content to work across print and digital
- analysing and rationalising digital/pre-press workflows
- authoring and building specifications and guidelines
- simplifying multi-platform output (print/EPUB/web)
- ebook/XML/PDF/HTML/CSS QA
- project management
- vendor analysis and supplier due diligence
- ebook production
I have also written and taught courses on ebooks and digital production technologies to editorial and production staff for the Publishing Training Centre, Imago Training and and have provided bespoke in-house training. I also run workshops and training sessions for publishers and independent authors on ebooks and digital processes. This is some of the feedback I have recently received from delegates on my courses:
- “Emily’s enthusiasm for her subject was infectious and has left me with lots of possible routes to contemplate”
- “Emily really knows her stuff!” …“Excellent; I want Emily for myself”
- “Very enthusiastic!”… “Emily was excellent … very engaging”
You can contact me by email: email@example.com